I qualified as a Speech and Language Therapist in 2006 from City University (London). Since then I have worked in a range of different NHS, private and education settings, with children aged 2-16 years old. I specialise in treating children with speech sound difficulties (including Developmental Verbal Dyspraxia) and Developmental Language Disorder (DLD).
I provide services for individual families at a child's home, nursery or school. I also provide bespoke training and services for schools and other organisations. I am dedicated to supporting children to become competent and confident communicators. I provide a personalised, friendly and flexible service that is responsive to what families and schools want and need. I aim to make therapy fun and accessible for everyone involved.
I am skilled in supporting children and young people who have a range of difficulties, including:
- Speech sound difficulties
- Difficulties with understanding language (understanding words, instructions, questions and conversations)
- Difficulties with vocabulary and word finding
- Difficulties with forming sentences (joining words together, missing small words out, putting words in the wrong order, having conversations)
- Developmental Language Disorder (DLD
- Difficulties with accessing education due to speech and language difficulties
- Delayed play skills
- Delayed attention and listening skills
I am a registered member of the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC), the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT) and the Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice (ASLTIP)